Everyone is invited for a one-day workshop in memory of Martin Hofmann in Munich on Saturday, 13 July 2019.
We will meet to remember and celebrate Martin's life and work. There will be invited talks from friends and colleagues as well as ample time for discussions and exchange of memories during the breaks. The talks will be about various topics in Computer Science and Mathematics that Martin would have enjoyed. The talks will combine scientific content with personal stories about Martin.
If you would like to attend the workshop then please register by the end of June.
The following invited speakers have agreed to give a talk.
- Thorsten Altenkirch (University of Nottingham)
- Nick Benton (Facebook)
- Ugo Dal Lago (Università degli Studi di Bologna)
- Sigrid Roden & Max Jakob (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Dulma Churchill (Facebook)
- Don Sannella (University of Edinburgh)
- Helmut Seidl (Technische Universität München)
- Thomas Streicher (Technische Universität Darmstadt)
Martin as a PhD student
Type Theory at Bath Street Housing Coop
My Collaboration with Martin over the Years
Ugo Dal Lago
Complexity Classes and Higher-Order Calculi — How Martin Contributed to Shaping ICC
Three Improvements to the Top-Down Solver
Sigrid Roden & Max Jakob
title to be announced
Martin Hofmann: An Extraordinary Advisor
Remembering Martin: Effects and Equivalence Checking